Enabling breakthrough improvements in Performance and Shareholder value
Creating the Electric Grid of the Future
The 2nd Edition of Research Reports International's Creating the Electric Grid of the Future is a 90-page report which seeks to provide a thorough understanding of what the electric grid of the future will look like, what new functionality will be enabled by it, and what activities are already taking place regarding its development and implementation.
The current grid is based on technology that was invented more than one hundred years ago. It is inefficient, congested, and incapable of meeting the challenges of open access, climate change, and declining fossil fuel supply without changes in technology, operations, and financing. To meet the challenges of the future, the grid must become more decentralized, more intelligent, and more responsive to end-users. Not only will the technology involved in the electric grid change, but the entire business model of the industry will change too.
Creating the Electric Grid of the Future provides electric industry participants with the information they need to begin thinking about how they can participate in the transition from today’s grid to tomorrow’s. Topics covered in the report include:
- Analysis of deficiencies of the current grid and the need for a new approach
- Overview of the characteristics that the electric grid of the future must possess
- Identification of the key technologies required to construct the electric grid of the future
- Discussion of the alternatives available for each of the key technologies
- Evaluation of the capabilities enabled by the electric grid of the future
- Profiles of key players currently developing and implementing the electric grid of the future including products, projects, and alliances
Creating the Electric Grid of the Future comes in Adobe Acrobat PDF format or Hardcopy for $299.
To order by phone call 973-359-0871