Enabling breakthrough improvements in Performance and Shareholder value
Government Efforts to Mandate Carbon Reduction in North America
The 1st Edition of Research Reports International's Government Efforts to Mandate Carbon Reduction in North America report is a 60-page analysis of the ways in which carbon reduction is likely to be implemented in Canada and the U.S. and the impact it will have on the electric industry.
While Canada has signed the Kyoto Protocol and the U.S. has not, to date neither country has made a serious effort to reduce their carbon emissions. This is likely to change in the near future as Canada has released a plan with specific targets for carbon emissions reduction and legislation to achieve the same goal is likely to be enacted in the U.S. within the next year.
The Government Efforts to Mandate Carbon Reduction in North America report aims to provide industry participants with the information they need to begin making business decisions which take into account the cost of carbon emissions.
Topics covered in the report include:
- Explanation of what greenhouse gases (GHG) are and how they impact climate
- Discussion of trends in U.S. and Canadian GHG emissions including electric sector-specific emissions
- Evaluation of government options for reducing carbon emissions including hard cap, cap-and-trade, and carbon tax
- Discussion of impact of government carbon emissions reduction schemes on the electric industry
- Analysis of specific U.S. and Canadian federal initiatives to reduce carbon emissions
- Analysis of state and provincial initiatives to reduce carbon emissions
Government Efforts to Mandate Carbon Reduction in North America comes in Adobe Acrobat PDF or Hardcopy for $299.
To order by phone call 973-359-0871