Enabling breakthrough improvements in Performance and Shareholder value
The Commercialization of Offshore Wind Power
The 2nd Edition of Research Reports International's The Commercialization of Offshore Wind Power report is a 40-page overview of how and why offshore wind power is set to become a major contributor to global power production.
Wind power has been the fastest growing industry in the world over the last decade and most wind energy is produced onshore. However, a number of challenges have arisen that make continued onshore wind power deployment more difficult. This has opened the door for offshore wind power development. Offshore wind turbines take advantage of wind speeds which are more constant and stronger than those on land. Larger turbines are used, which translates into greater energy production. Since many large load centers are located near coasts, turbines can be installed closer to load, decreasing transmission losses and reducing congestion. The placement of turbines over-the-horizon and undersea transmission lines eliminate many of the aesthetic concerns that are common with onshore turbines.
The Commercialization of Offshore Wind Power aims to provide the reader with an understanding of the market potential for offshore wind, the challenges that must be overcome in deploying this technology, and current development of offshore wind projects.
Topics covered in the report include:
- Overview of wind power including its modern history
- Discussion of how offshore differs from onshore wind power
- Analysis of the development of offshore wind power
- Evaluation of the market potential for offshore wind power
- Description of offshore wind power technology including differences with onshore technology and developments needed to improve offshore technology
- Analysis of the economics of offshore wind power including a comparison to onshore costs
- Evaluation of the challenges to implementing offshore wind power
- Description of the permitting process for offshore wind in both the U.S. and Europe
- Description of economic incentives available for offshore wind in both the U.S. and Europe
The Commercialization of Offshore Wind Power comes in Adobe Acrobat PDF format via email or Hardcopy for $299.
To order by phone call 973-359-0871