Enabling breakthrough improvements in Performance and Shareholder value
The Development of IGCC Power Plants
The 6th Edition of Research Reports International's The Development of IGCC Power Plants report is a 55-page overview of the opportunities for integrated gasification combined cycle (IGCC) plants in the power generation industry.
Concerns regarding climate change and energy independence, along with record high natural gas prices, have spurred a renewed interest in coal-fired generation. However, apprehension still exists over the environmental impacts of coal. This has led to a search for clean coal technologies, the most promising of which is coal gasification.
The report provides a concise look at the challenges faced by coal-fired generation, the ability of coal gasification to address these challenges, and the current state of IGCC power generation.
Topics covered in the report include:
- An overview of Coal Generation including its history, the current market environment, and the status of coal gasification
- A description of gasification technology including processes and systems
- An analysis of the key business factors that are driving increased interest in coal gasification
- An analysis of the barriers that are hindering the implementation of coal gasification projects
- A discussion of IGCC technology
- An evaluation of IGCC versus other generation technologies
- A discussion of IGCC project development options
- A discussion of the key government initiatives supporting IGCC development
- Profiles of planned coal IGCC projects
The Development of IGCC Power Plants comes in Adobe Acrobat PDF format and is available via email or Hardcopy for $299.
To order by phone call 973-359-0871