Enabling breakthrough improvements in Performance and Shareholder value
The Development of Smart Grids in Europe
The 2nd Edition of Research Reports International's The Development of Smart Grids in Europe is a 55-page report which seeks to provide a thorough understanding of what the Smart Grid is and the changes required to bring it about in Europe.
The current grid in Europe is based on technology that was invented more than one hundred years ago. Today, it is inefficient, congested, and incapable of meeting the future energy needs of the Information Economy without changes in operations and investment of significant capital over the next several decades. To meet the challenges of the future, the grid must undergo a transition from a centralized, producer-controlled network to a decentralized, user-interactive one. Not only will the technology involved in the electric grid change, but the entire business model of the industry will change too.
The Development of Smart Grids in Europe provides electric industry participants with the knowledge they need to begin implementing the Smart Grid.
Topics covered in the report include:
- Overview of the characteristics that define the Smart Grid
- Identification of the components that make up the Smart Grid
- Analysis of the key business drivers of European Smart Grid efforts
- Evaluation of the institutional changes needed to enable development of the Smart Grid in Europe
- Analysis of the benefits of a Smart Grid for both European market participants and society in general
- Discussion of European government efforts to support implementation of the Smart Grid
- Discussion of industry trial projects to demonstrate the Smart Grid
- Profiles of key European companies involved in developing the Smart Grid
The Development of Smart Grids in Europe comes in Adobe Acrobat PDF format and is available via email or Hardcopy for $299.
To order by phone call 973-359-0871