Enabling breakthrough improvements in Performance and Shareholder value
The Future of U.S. Offshore Wind Power
The 1st Edition of Research Reports International's The Future of U.S. Offshore Wind Power is a 45-page report which seeks to provide a thorough understanding of offshore wind power and its ability to meet U.S. electricity needs.
Growing concerns about climate change, skyrocketing fossil fuel prices, and a desire for energy independence have pushed the search for renewable energy sources into high gear. Offshore wind power can provide an ample source of clean, renewable energy without the carbon emissions produced by conventional generation sources. The U.S. has significant offshore wind resources available on its East and West coasts, as well as in the Great Lakes area. Despite these resources, the country lags far behind Europe, which already has over 1,000 MW of offshore wind power in operation and dozens of projects under development. However, offshore wind power in the U.S. is poised for rapid growth as the barriers which have hindered progress are swiftly being dismantled. This report seeks to provide readers with the knowledge they need to begin considering the development or purchase of power from offshore wind power plants.
The Future of U.S. Offshore Wind Power provides industry participants with a thorough understanding of offshore wind power and the reasons why it is likely to become a key source of renewable energy in the near future.
Topics covered in the report include:
- Overview of wind power and how offshore differs from onshore wind power
- Discussion of the history of offshore wind power and its future potential
- Analysis of the economics of offshore wind power including cost drivers and comparison to onshore wind
- Evaluation of the U.S. resource potential for offshore wind power
- Discussion of government initiatives to support the development of offshore wind power
- Overview of the permitting process for offshore wind power development
- Analysis of the barriers to offshore wind power development
- Profiles of key U.S. offshore wind power projects in development
The Future of U.S. Offshore Wind Power comes in Adobe Acrobat PDF format and is available via email or Hardcopy for $299.
To order by phone call 973-359-0871