Enabling breakthrough improvements in Performance and Shareholder value
The Potential of Biogas in North America
The 2nd Edition of Research Reports International's The Potential of Biogas in North America report is a 35-page overview of biogas technology and how biogas production can be used to turn waste into a renewable form of energy.
Renewable portfolio standards, the threat of carbon reduction mandates, and customer desire for more environmentally sound energy sources are all driving utilities to take a hard look at using renewable energy to meet their electric supply requirements. While both wind and solar power have been growing rapidly, suitable resources do not exist in all locales and costs for solar power are extremely high. However, the potential to create biogas is widely available and in many cases it can be used cost-effectively to generate electricity and/or heat.
The Potential of Biogas in North America provides industry participants with an understanding of what biogas is and how it can be used to generate energy. A major objective of this report is to identify the benefits biogas production can bring, as well as the challenges faced in expanding the market for it.
Topics covered in the report include:
- Overview of what biogas is and where it comes from
- Discussion of the history of biogas development
- Analysis of the current status and future potential of biogas
- Evaluation of the main biogas production technologies and feedstocks
- Analysis of the key business factors that are driving increased interest in biogas
- Analysis of the barriers that are hindering the implementation of biogas-fueled power generation and how to resolve them
- Discussion of government initiatives to support the development of biogas
- Profiles of key biogas project developers
The Potential of Biogas in North America comes in Adobe Acrobat PDF format via email or Hardcopy for $299.
To order by phone call 973-359-0871