Enabling breakthrough improvements in Performance and Shareholder value
The Status of U.S. Demand Response
The 8th Edition of Research Reports International's The Status of U.S. Demand Response is a 70-page overview of the drivers of, barriers to, and use of demand response.
A fundamental imbalance looms between supply and demand and continues to threaten system stability, reliability, power quality, and the cost of power. While the industry has taken some steps to respond to this imbalance, to date it has not taken full advantage of business models that use demand modification as a solution. A major objective of this report is to provide readers with an understanding of where demand response currently stands in the U.S. and what needs to be done to increase its market penetration.
Topics covered in the report include:
- Analysis of why demand response is needed to respond to recent changes in wholesale electric markets
- Discussion of the evolution of demand response over the last four decades
- Evaluation of contemporary demand response programs
- Overview of current usage of demand response
- Analysis of the key business factors that are driving increased interest in demand response
- Analysis of the barriers that are hindering the implementation of demand response and how to resolve them
- Description of the different types of demand response programs in use today
- Quantification of the current usage of demand response
- Descriptions of the key RTO demand response programs in operation
The Status of U.S. Demand Response comes in Adobe Acrobat PDF format via email or Hardcopy for $299.
To order by phone call 973-359-0871